At Nathaniel Newton, we offer a wide range of after school clubs, including sport, art and craft as well as other clubs such as board games club and construction club. During the time the children are at our school, we aim for them to be able to take part in a variety of clubs in order to gain new experiences. Our clubs are very well received by the children and currently 95% of our year 2 children have taken part in at least one club. Each half term, there is a different set of clubs on offer, some of which are new, others that are offered periodically throughout the year and others that are ongoing throughout the year. Reception children have the opportunity to access after school clubs from the Easter of their reception year.
How to book an after school club
We operate an online system for you to book your child(ren) onto our after school clubs. All clubs will be on a first come, first served basis. In order to ensure fairness for everyone we restrict all children to a maximum of two clubs. We are taking a firm line on this, therefore, if anyone books their child onto more than two clubs we will have no option but to remove the child from all the clubs that have been selected.
The online booking system advertises that the clubs are running for free. The clubs are not free, because we use our own coaches and staff, but this is the only way the website works. Therefore we require the cost of the club given on the letter to be paid into the school office as soon as possible after booking and by the deadline given. Your childs place is not secured until the money has been received.
Sports clubs will continue to be subsidized by 50% through the sports premium funding. If you are entitled to Pupil Premium funding after school clubs will be provided free of charge. If you are unsure about this please see Mrs Saje in the school office.
Here is a guide as to how you book onto clubs
1. Navigate to the website www.clubsforschools.org.
2. Select ‘I’m a parent – find a club’ on the left hand side of the page.
3. Type Nathaniel Newton Infant School into the toolbar. Our postcode is CV10 0LS.
4. Select the school and click ‘bingo’.
5. Here you will find a list of all the available clubs and the year group they are for. Select the club your child would like to attend. Click ‘book now’ and fill in the required information (you will only need to register the first time). You will know straight away if your child has a place or not. We will not send any letters out confirming your child’s place as this will be confirmed as you book.
6. If the club is full you can still register an interest and if a space becomes available you will automatically be sent an email to notify you of this. This will be sent to everyone who has expressed an interest so again the place will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
7. The dates the clubs are running on will be clearly stated so please make a note of them. You will be able to log on at anytime to check the dates if you forget.
You can use the link below to acces the Clubs for Schools website -
For year 1 and year 2 children we have devised a rewards system to celebrate their participation in clubs. For every six week block of clubs the children attend (they have to attend every week) they receive a certificate. The clubs that children have attended then lead to the following rewards:
2 clubs attended (12 hours of participation) = a bronze certificate
6 clubs attended (36 hours of participation) = a silver certificate and a medal
12 clubs attended (72 hours of participation) = a gold certificate and a plaque
- 18 clubs attended (108 hours of participation) = a platinum certificate and a trophy.
Below are some of the clubs that we run throughout the year with a brief description about it and some photographs of the children enjoying the activities.